W. P. Martin Pty. Ltd. was established in 1959 by Mr. W.P. (Bill) Martin and in the late sixties taken over by Mr. Roderick Barren who operated the business through until 1st October 1992 when Scott Anthony purchased the company. In 2003 Mr. Andrew Bowen who was an employee of the company for many years, now owns the company.

The company has successfully traded over the past 55 years as a specialist Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Agent and Distributor supplying industry, mining, original equipment manufacturers, Government departments, data and communication contractors, educational institutions and electrical wholesalers.

W.P. Martin Pty. Ltd. employs four staff with centrally located warehousing, showroom and training facilities in Launceston.